Hi Folks! Welcome back to my blog!
I’ve created another free pattern for your enjoyment. This time it’s a hat! I’d say it’s sized adult medium/large, but you could always make it smaller or larger.
I have never been good at identifying difficulty in a pattern, however, so I couldn’t tell you the difficulty of the pattern. It seems like maybe an “easy” level, but I’m a little biased toward it and some crocheters may find it easier, and some may find it harder! I’ll stick with “easy” for now, with a chance it may be “intermediate” (but a remote chance).
It’s always funny having a photo shoot for a product that isn’t in season quite yet (like a nice and cozy hat on a 30 degree celcius summer day). But here are some photos for you!
1 skein Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly (shown in “Cobalt”)
4.5mm crochet hook
Stitch marker (optional)
Not really important for this pattern.
DC — Double Crochet
Sl st — Slip stitch
Ch — Chain
FPDC — Front post double crochet
BPDC — Back post double crochet
St — stitch
HDC — Half double crochet
1) Create a Magic Ring. 12 DC into it, and then join with SL ST.
2) CH 3. FPDC and DC into each ST around (24 st).
3) CH 3. FPDC into FPDC of previous row, 2 DC into each DC around.
4) CH 3. * FPDC, DC, BPDC and DC into same st * Repeat from * around, join with SL ST to top of CH-3.
5) CH 3. * FPDC, 2 DC in ST, BPDC, DC * Repeat from * around. Join with SL ST to top of CH-3.
6) CH 3. * FPDC, DC in next 2 ST, BPDC, 2 DC in next ST * Repeat from * around. Join with SL ST to top of CH-3.
7-22) CH 3. * FPDC, DC in next 2 ST, BPDC, DC in next 2 ST * Repeat from * around. Join with SL ST to top of CH-3.
23-24) CH 2. HDC in each ST around. Join with SL ST to top of CH-2.
Fasten Off and weave in ends.
I hope that these instructions are helpful and easy to understand. Please feel free to leave any comments with questions or concerns and I will happily get back to you right away 🙂