This has been a few days in the making. I designed my FIRST EVER pattern from scratch recently, and I’m excited to share it for FREE on the World Wide Web. If you have found this post through searching for a free wrist warmers pattern and decide to give it a try–please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or even corrections to add. I’d be happy to get back to you right away, and even make any corrections to the pattern. It is my first, after all.
Lets begin with a few pictures, shall we?
I had a difficult time finding the right lighting for pictures, so I decided to take it outside and show off my beautiful garden at the same time. 🙂
Now, here is (hopefully) all the information you need for the pattern! I hope you enjoy.
For anyone who isn’t sure how to do some of the more difficult stitches, I have attached some video tutorials at the end of this post from The Crochet Crowd to help you out (both for righties and lefties!)
Approximately 50g (or less) of any light worsted weight yarn
Size 4.00mm crochet hook
Stitch marker is recommended but not necessary
Gauge is not important for this pattern.
Ch – Chain stitch
Sl st – slip stitch
DC – Double crochet
SC – Single crochet
FPDC – Front post double crochet
BPDC – Back post double crochet
TR – Triple crochet
Sk – skip
St – Stitch
All terms used are American. Size is approximately equal to women’s size S/M. It would be easily converted to larger sizes, however, by simply adding a longer chain in the beginning and then continuing in the regular pattern. It is important to keep even numbers in the chain.
CH 28. Join with SL ST, being careful not to twist.
1. CH 3. DC in each ST around, also being careful not to twist.
2. CH 3. * FPDC, BPDC * Repeat from * around, join with SL ST into top of CH-3.
3-6. CH 3. FPDC into FPDC in previous row, and BPDC into BPDC of previous row. Join with SL ST into top of CH-3.
7. CH 6. SK 5 ST. FPDC into FPDC of previous row, BPDC into BPDC of previous row around. Join with SL ST into CH-1.
8. CH 3. DC into each of the remaining CH ST. * FPDC, BPDC * Repeat from * around, join with SL ST into top of CH-3.
9-22. CH 3. * FPDC, BPDC * Repeat from * around, join with SL ST to top of CH-3.
23. CH 3. 4 TR in same ST. SK 1. * 1 SC into next ST. SK 1. 5 TR into next ST. * Repeat from * around, ending with 1 SC.
Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) RIght Handed:
Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC) Right Handed:
BPDC for Lefties!:
FPDC for Lefties: